Thursday 4 August 2011

If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em

Except in this case it was the other way round. One by one the takers for our trip round Hanham Court gardens had to drop out until by Sunday (the day of the event) it was down to me. So I went. (On Monday). And I’m jolly glad I did.

We lived in Hanham when we first moved to Bristol and I’ve always been fascinated by that gothic house. Tragically the wall is high and I am not, and I’ve never really been able to get a good look at it until this week. It had crossed my mind to contact the estate agents and present myself as prospective buyer but I had a sneaking suspicion they might suss that I didn’t have a couple of million quid in the bank. Anyway, I digress.



The house, what I saw of it, is stunning, and the grounds go on for miles. There’s a lovely central area when you first go through the archway with tons of flower beds and pots, then there are other little walkways and a 15 minute walk where you end up in the hills with fantastic views.
There’s a sweet little church, a pond and a little waterfall, a couple of gypsy caravans and 2 lush dogs – a fantastic place to live if you were either a kid or a canine I should imagine.



You have 2 more opportunities to visit – this Sunday and Monday afternoon, 2.30 – 5pm. I’d recommend it if you get a chance.

Mandy x

No comments: