Thursday 22 September 2011

10 'green' W.I. members sitting in a church hall.....

It was a bit like buses, only the other way round. One minute I had 2 speakers for September, the next minute there were none. A bit of rearranging of the programme and Kate Rowen kindly stepped in to do her talk on how easy it is to be green – thanks for that at short notice. However, this now leaves us no speaker for November! Deal with that one when the time comes.



It was a fortnight ago so apologies for the lateness of the post. We were a select group that week – small but perfectly formed (actually only 9 of us, despite the title of the piece)! Hope that meant that the rest of you were doing hugely exciting stuff and not just drowning in work and household chores.


I found out some interesting facts about which products aren’t the best to use, and now know how often my fellow W.I.-ers take their make-up off, and that not many of us fancy a hemp wedding dress!


At that time, I was still waiting for final confirmation from Waitrose who had written offering to do a cheese and wine tasting for us. We had chosen our October meeting, straight after the voting bit of the AGM. I’ve now heard that they aren’t coming after all, so for the second month in a row, we are without a speaker (this time with only 2 weeks to go).


It’s nailbiting stuff..... watch this space.


Mandy x

No comments: